Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mom in Law Early Birthday Party

Mike and Laura surprised Marg with an early birthday today (3 days early to be exact). Laura took her to get her 'colors' done...turns out marg is a 'summer' and Laura is a 'winter'.......i have no idea what i would be. But they made a nice roast dinner and it gave the kids a chance to run and play together.

This is me as Wren's girl guide cookie customer! (i am not as good a customer as aunt Jenny who bought3 boxes!! This is Wren doing what i often feel like doing at the end of a long day with talkative isaac....this is him consistently asking wren to come play upstairs
Ava posing for Aunty Jenny


Grandma's playroom that they like to destroy when they all come over!
"Mice Potatoes"
Isaac and i were talking on the way home and he was asking if i was the boss, or if daddy was the boss. I told him that we were partners so that we are both the boss, which got him asking about who his partner was. I said Elliot was his best partner until he gets older and then he would probably pick a girl partner.....which lead him quickly to say that he would choose Wren. Umm.....ok, well, we can't choose partners in our family. Then he said he would choose me..i repeated my last statement, which then he replied he would choose Elliot and then Olivia to be his partners.
Here was part of the conversation as well:
I: i would choose a little boy at preschool because i really like him, but sometimes he pushes me.

S: Well honey, that is exactly the partner you DON'T want, you want someone who is fun and sweet to be with.

I:why?
S: Because when you get bigger, it will hurt when he pushes you because he will be bigger.

I: i think its something he will grow out of.