Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day~~Part Deux.....

Do you see these heart shaped cookies baking?  The boys and i made the dough this afternoon (insert gasp here!--definatly isn't the norman rockwell we would all like it to be....but they enjoyed it!..but me? i needed to sit down after to deep breath...)
But what i really wanted to note was that the kids are in bed.....Chris got them into bed (check ONE).....he tidied the kitchen while i did that last blog (check TWO)....The lovely boy gave me a card and my favorite Toffifee! (check THREE!) and though i wasn't going to write again, i just HAVE to be sure i remember this:  On the First Valentines night before our little boy has his first kindergarten party, Chris cut out all the cookies!!

Here is part of the card:

When we fell in love,
it was just us,
full of hopes and dreams
and a world of possibilities.
(It goes on for a few pages like this...but i love the ending..)

I'm still excited
about the journey
I'm taking with you.
I still know
that as long as I'm with you,
I'm someplace wonderful.

I love that i still can feel this way after so many years and that watching my husband cut out our little boys cookies is such a thing of beauty. 

What a man.