Today was a beautiful sunny day. As Laura and I walked through the forest to get the mail this afternoon, we agreed that parenting is so much easier in the sun....
This family seems to be a magnet for wasps for some reason this season.....so we set up a little picnic for the 4 of the cousins to eat outside in the tent while Laura, Oscar and i dined in the safety of our kitchen.I read a quote this afternoon that really struck a chord with me:
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elizabeth Kubler Ross
This quote could be a daily mantra for me on many various levels. I struggle when its literally grey outside, as well when things are hard in life itself. We don't have many struggles as a family at this moment in time but they will come. And when they do, i just hope that i will still have a light that shines with beauty, like stained glass.