Elliot has been wanting to go to the Ocean Discovery Centre for awhile now, so I snagged a couple Groupons and we headed there after lunch .....
Oh right, my thift find!! These are pretty pricey, so I was excited to get one of my own and only pay $8!
We headed to Marg and Gordons mid-afternoon for a BBQ .... we celebrated Mothers Day and Chris's birthday. Here is Wren quizzing all the adults in the room with some bible trivia cards she and Isaac found in the games closest ... surprisingly, it was Trent and Marg who came out on top. lol
A typical scene after dinner ... Gordon puttering in the kitchen, feeding Maisy scraps, and probably re-loading the dishwasher that I tried to load in order to help (Chris kept telling me to stop....but it's a lot to clean up!) I have a new appreciation for my father in law after overhearing someone talking on the ferry this past weekend about how lovely this womans father in law was, always sweet, always having good things to say, and I thought 'Yup, I have one of those too!'
Speaking of sweet .... look at my un-assuming husband, just sitting amongst everyone, reading on his own, piping in with his bible knowledge when a question came up that he knew ... he really doesn't engage in group activities .... and maybe that's ok? Jury is out on that one because I think that even if we aren't talking about something that directly interests you, you should still participate if you are in the group and not glaze over or leave ... but it was his birthday, so today my sweet husband could do no wrong.
Not too sure why Isaac felt the need to hide in a corner to eat cheesecake ... Bosun didn't understand either ....
Wren enjoyed filming the difficulty her cousin was having with the dog ....
Glare ..... "Let me eat in peace!!"
LOL .....
Mothers Day and Chris's Birthday .... he was born on Mothers Day ...
Just a quick trip to the washroom before the long ride home and this freaked me out because you can't see over the lid until your hand is already almost on the button! Someone put a fake mouse there!!! I suspect my eldest .... well played hey?
Over a decade of opening and closing this gate to grandma and grandpa's .....