Friday, January 31, 2020

Heading to PERU!!! Adventure of 2020 ...

My sweet husband has been very busy making a warm "Peru-themed" hat for the trip .... isn't is beautiful?  And it is very warm!  And before you knew it, he came out again with a matching one for my travel partner!
 Turns out Peru is very very hard to pack for due to the ever changing climates!  Normally I am packing for heat ... this time, I am packing for heat, cold and rain ... all in one day ....
 After the huge debate of backpack vs luggage ... this was the final result!  And this was after packing a backpack three times, and then back to the luggage .... it was stressful .... in hindsight ... luggage was the BEST idea!  Our backs thanked us!!
 My boys coming with me, close to my heart .....
 Shannon was coming back from Toronto and met me at the international departure gate in Vancouver ... she arrived 3 hours before our flights .... she took 9 flights in 11 days ...
 We are READY!!!
 The hat proved to be her best line of defense for sleep (for the girl who never sleeps on a plane)
 I am exhausted in this picture but I am really appreciating the filter settings on my new phone as well as the silk eye cover ... I would often just wear it on my forehead in case I had a chance to pull it over my eyes for sleep .... it was very comforting ....
 Roger, our driver ... met us at the airport and whisked us away to Martins house!
Martin!!   He made us feel so welcome and made us a really nice egg breakfast ... best $30 spent
 The morning after the best sleep ever ... and probably the one and only time I used the selfie stick!
 And the holiday begins!!!!
 Roger taking us back to the airport for our short flight over to  CUSCO!!!  All went so smooth.