It started with a phonecall Friday morning to mom as we both lamented a little about the distance between Mesachie Lake and Lake Country .... at the end of the conversation at 10:30, it was decided we would meet in Vancouver that afternoon. Fast forward a mad dash of throwing things into a bag and hopping into the neighbors van that was actually leaving for the ferry at 11!! I was on the 12:45 ferry to Vancouver and mom was leaving home at the same time ... Mom got stuck in a bit of traffic so Gina had the day off and picked me up and took me back to the hotel!
Love her ....
We went for dinner while we waited for mom to arrive ....
She made it!!
Mom and I did a bit of a city night walk ..... I think we both like the pulse of a city ...
Dads old boat! A pretty picture in the bathroom of the Worldmark!
We had originally planned a bike ride through Stanley Park but the rain was here and so - Chinese Culture and Food Tour here we come!!
The Chinese are such craftsmen .... not a nail in sight in all the builds ... and their gardens all have such significance and beauty ....
A very large Bonzai tree!
Silk Embroidery! Women used to go blind working with such fine silk thread!
Ah the food part .... all our favorite parts!!
I walk into a place like this and think "wow, I know nothing of this part of life/the world"
These little dried dragons go into soup stock! It was great having a chef as our tour guide!
Took this for Elliot .. he loves Origami...
Dim Sum!!
That evening, with all the rain (and also the full bellys), mom and I decided to stay in, but then we discovered Skip the Dishes! The fee to deliver was SO cheap - so ... we ordered some stuff that just got dropped at our door!!! What a world!!!
Always wanted to make sure mom got the room with the best view .... gorgeous hey?
Time to go ... 2 nights went by quite quickly!!
It's a good thing we left when we did, because the camp truck brakes ended up overheating and we were stuck in Nanaimo until dinner time .... Phil came to the rescue and drove us back to Duncan while Chris drove the truck slowly back to town too ... in Duncan we got into the camp truck and limped it home.
Good thing for entertaining screens .... Simone's mom invited Isaac for Thanksgiving dinner that night, so once we got home, he went to her house ...
And when we finally all walked into the house, look who we find parked on our couch charging their car and waiting for the battery to charge so they could go to their next event lol (I love love love people who feel at home in our house ... but these 2 feel like our kids anyways ... )
When we walked in, they looked up at us with doe eyes asking "Do you have any food??" lol .. we didn't, but Katie was with her family at Willow Lodge and had invited us for dinner, so we dragged them along (Isaac left for Simones) ... there was much yelling from Katie's kids when we all arrived lol.
Such a good dinner!!! Nice to get home to after a long day of traveling ...
Chris went home shortly after dinner and went straight to bed ... the truck stressed him out, and then the loudness of this family dinner wore him right out ... I think he got back up at 9pm. I stayed though ... I like the chaos and happiness.