Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 1 in Chacala !!

Carrie and the kids beat me awake, I found them up on the roof on that first morning - Coffee in sisters hand, and Ellie on  her heelies and Jack running after her .... I knew at that moment, this house would be great for us this week!
 Our view from the roof down to our pool!  We were pretty lucky to not have anyone in the downstairs units for most of the week!  And when someone did move in, it was a nice woman from Vancouver we had met and her daughter who was Ellie's age ....
 We found a crab in the pool on that first morning!  So, we snagged it in a bucket to bring down to the beach and talked about all the ways this crab would have found its way into the pool!  The most popular thought was that a bird lost its grip and dropped it from the sky!
 After we let the crab go, we ordered breakfast and drinks from the first restaurant we came to on the beach with the nice loungers (turns out we never went anywhere else for the rest of the week!) 
 It was a sweet start!  Pretty cups the kids had eh?  They each took one sip of their pina colada and then left the rest ....
 So, I think may have finished them, happily ....
 My beautiful sister .... sigh ... such well spent time this week with her.....
 Ellie and her mom .... dirty, happy feet!
 No idea how I got this crazy pineapple ..... I just wanted sliced pineapple ....
 Probably my favorite picture of the week with this sweet girl ......
 After beach time and a little siesta, we went exploring down the beach and came upon a yoga retreat centre  .... and found these beautiful stairs ....