Thursday, August 08, 2019

Thursday of junior 2.... day of chill!!!

So every night, he’s put his kids to bed and come for a shower and to kiss us goodnight.  Some mornings, if he hasn’t showered at night, he comes in the morning. This morning was sleep-in because last night was night game, so he came in, bloodshot eyes, looking really tired ... I love the stories he tells when he carves out a few minutes with us .... 

I heard him before I saw him, but here he is starting up a game of kickball with his little campers.  

Meanwhile, back at the dock .... it was a beautiful day of reading and chilling on the dock with visitors coming and going. 

Today I sent a note to jacks cabin in his mail asking if he wanted to hang out with Elliot at free time.  At free time, chris saw Jack running at full speed toward the park where he was supposed to meet Elliot.  It was really cute.  So they played atom ball, got tuck, elliot waited while jack went on a tube ride and then they jumped on the trampoline and ended up in the hot hot attic playing minecraft.  He was pretty happy.  

And then Isaac came home at free time and carved a face for a fellow cabin leader who wanted a carving from him.  I love how he keeps his word.