Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!!

To my dad and the dad of my kids!

I couldn't ask for better, in either departments! 

The dad of my kids loves my boys....plays with them....listens to their long stories....tucks them into bed.....takes them on adventures and to Tim Hortons!!  People always told me while we were dating, that chris was going to be the best dad.....and they were right.  Nothing makes a woman happier than seeing her man love her kids.....and I am a happy woman.
As I have grown into an adult, my dad has become one of my closest friends.  As a kid, he worked hard and thus wasn't around a ton during the year, but he and my mom always made sure they had the summers off to spend with Carrie and I.  I have such great memories of time spent on the boat, at the cabin, on the water....they sent us to a variety of camps for different experiences.  And all these have played a major role in the woman I am today.  I love camp, I love being outside...I am comfortable in many different environments....all because my dad worked hard to let us have those experiences.
I have this picture as my facebook profile picture and someone asked where I took my dad.....like I was about to take off and take him flying.......I said "we were off to Neverland since my dad had never been there"....to which the response was "I hope he finds his marbles".........

Happy Fathers Day....I love you both very very much!