Monday, March 26, 2012

Long way home....

I ordered Steven Curtis Chapmans new CD a few weeks back and when i listen to "Long way home"  occasionally in the car....i tear up.  Mainly because i know the story behind the song....i know one of the valley's that he has had to walk through, and my heart literally hurts when i think of it.  But i am also so reminded of how quickly our lives can change, and how thankful we need to be, consistently.  And how we need to be aware.....aware of what we are doing....who we are serving....who we are loving..... that it's all important and worthwhile, even though it often doesn't feel like it.

I grew up listening to 'the great adventure'.....and now he adapts this great old song into something new to encapsulate what he has gone through....we are all on this great adventure.  There are ups and downs....but i know who is in charge and i love that he has it all under control and that all i have to do is hold on.  Here is the song....that i love....maybe you will too?

The first verse is my very favorite....and gets me every time.
I set out on a great adventure
The day my father started leading me home
He said there gonna be some mountains to climb
And some valleys we’re gonna go thorough
But I had no way of knowing
Just how hard this journey could be
Cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeper
Than I ever would of dreamed


i have scares.....i know the people around me, whom i love, have scares...a very close family friend is dying of cancer and my family is walking beside her ....and its scary.....and sad.....and there was the threat of cancer that has thankfully been removed from a family member....there was a night of holding a baby who couldn't breath and i wondered if this was the night that would change my world....there was a suicide of a young neighbor boy who was found by his father a few days back....you don't have to look far for scenerios that are full of pain and are scary enough to make my knees buckle if i didn't have faith.  I still get scared, but i still feel held up and loved.....who do you turn to when you are scared?