It was an idea to bring our eldest boys to a Newsboys concert in Vancouver, in like months and months away. I said 'of course' (thinking that date would never arrive....), and low and behold, concert was here before I knew it!!
As the day arrived, Isaac wasn't that excited, he doesn't really care much for music and concerts, and I wasn't too excited because I feel as though I have been spending alot of time away from home and out on the road. But there was another sweet factor at work here:
THIS girl, and HER boy were going to be joining us as well......
Sunday afternoon, after church (very cool to see some old friends who will soon be joining us for family camp this summer!), but before the concert...Gina and I were able to catch up in the sunshine, cuddled under a blanket with a cup of tea in our hands while we watched our boys play outside. This was one of the many highlights of the weekend. I just love talking with her....filter is off...nothing is off the table.....i just love her to bits.
Our 2 boys playing after church.....
Coffee sunday afternoon with the 3 of us!!!
Niki came by for a quick visit as she dropped of gina's girl.....its been almost a decade and still feels as though no time has passed. Niki and I go way back to qwanoes days, even before she was with Andy.....another highlight to see her face! She will soon be at camp this summer too!!
Here we go!!!
Jeff stayed home to watch the hockey game and do Kady's nails (in that order.....)
(and that necklace - major go-to these days! shout out to mel!! xox)
Such nice friends......
Not many shots were taken of monday, but it was filled with a quick trip to the states with Niki and Gina while Rach went to Trinity to see Cor and her girls. We caught the 5ish ferry......it was a pretty calm and uneventful ride home.
Thanks Rach....I will eagerly await the next breathless plan for
our NEXT adventure together! You are wonderful family. xo











