Ashley and I were enjoying iced coffees on the grass outside the boys school yesturday, waiting for them to get out of class. When they came out, they asked to get slurpees......so here they are on their first 'solo' trip to 7-11 down the street together.....
Kim joined us a little while later......
Meanwhile, back at the ranch....Chris has been hard at it building a climbing bouldering wall for kids to climb all over! It's going to be great because you don't go high, you go around the wall....so there is no need for belayers.....just kids, climbing.For mothers day, Chris bought me hardware for the front door that I have loathed for many years.....so after the work weekend when I prepped it for painting, my lovely husband helped to finish it!! What a difference.
Sigh......keypad lock...no more hiding a key in the waterfountain!!
Cheery, and much improved.
Now, its friday night...its been a long week of keeping up around here and working everyday. Today i worked from home, which was awesome....but i sat down at my screen around 9 and didn't really look up until 3 - that is how fast the time went by. But the kids came home, tore the home apart, i kicked them outside, they came back inside, refused what I made for dinner, ripped their sheets off both of their beds claiming they smell, kept poking at the birds who hiss at them as a warning to get away from them (i could totally relate!!)---cleaning up, picking up, finally, I see elliot taking another poke at the birds, I firmly put my hand on his back and propel him towards his bedroom as a warning, he dramtically flounces on the floor as though I gave him a flying lesson (though I did in my mind, not in real life!)...he starts to cry, blah blah....he gets onto his bed, still crying...I huck a pair of pj's at him and say "put these on"...he stops crying and looks at me, and says "But i have some on already!"....I say, "oh look at that, you do"....he proceeds to laugh and talk to his brother......as though nothing has happened....and i suppose, nothing has.






