Excited boy, who was still unsure if there was a tooth fairy, or if its just me putting money under his pillow, put his extracted tooth in a rubbermaid container to keep it safe under his pillow.
Imagine my distress as I bolt upright in bed this morning at 7:30am, remembering that the 'tooth fairy' never did visit the poor kid! It's the time he is normally up and running around already.....so I stumble out of bed, clamour for my wallet and seeing there is only some loose coins or a ten dollar bill. I consider the bill, only because I feel bad, but then remember my parenting mantra of 'start as you mean to go on'....and i would never continue giving this kid bills, especially at the beginning of his tooth losing career.....and you remember how he lost this tooth??? "Hey mom, can you yank it out??" Can you imagine if he ever wanted to get money for something? He would have me yank out teeth just for the cash!!
Anyways....I was only able to scrape up like 85 cents from my wallet, and about 45 cents from his little wallet (don't tell!!!).....but mission accomplished.