Friday, April 17, 2015

Building the Blaster Ball Court and Carrie comes to visit!!!

Chris is always dreaming up new fun activities for kids to play!  Last year it was the Lava Forest and the bouldering wall, this year it's the Blaster Ball area!  He just dreams up these visions and gets to work!  Here is the first base he built ... on this one, he cut and planed all the wood for it. 
I had Friday off, so I helped him a little...
Dinner on Friday was homemade pasta with Mikes pasta maker ... he got a different one from mine, so I really wanted to try it!  As you can see, we had a straggler come in at dinner time, and he is always hungry, so he got a bowl too. 
Friday afternoon was the best because Carrie made a surprise visit by ending her shift a bit early on the Coast Guard to get home to Ellie who has been sick for too long.  After dinner, Carrie says lets go for a walk!  So, YES!!!  I was sick of the camp loop, and since I never really have friends around that I like to walk with (aside from Amanda), I wanted to show her the new trail that was cut up the mountain!  Half way up, after I can feel her eyes boring into the back of my head as we climb, I hear her say "You know, when I said a walk, I didn't mean THIS! No wonder nobody ever walks with you twice!" - Which was vey inaccurate (people love walking with me!, well, maybe not Rachel), but still pretty hilarious .... So, we cut down the mountain and sat at Wild Side for awhile together.

Couldn't decide which shot I liked better....
I love my sister ... such a gift of a quick visit.