Monday, April 06, 2015

Easter Monday part II

Starting at the local tea farm to grab a tea prior to our walk .... Eves Park.  Beautiful....a bit like Jurrasic Park.
The kids have known eachother for a long time but don't see eachother too often, so it was fun to see everyone just pick up and play!! Running through the forest together, playing hide and seek was so sweet.
Time spent with Nic is always good for my soul .... I hope for hers too .... I love that she is so good to talk to, no judgements, even when I say stuff I don't mean, I just need to air it out.  I can count on one hand the people I am able to do that with.  

We made a huge bonfire and had a wonderful dinner outside around it - ham, brocoli salad, potato casserole, beets and yams, with cherry pie for dessert. 

Boys kept the fire burning, kids put a movie on while Nic and I hit the hottub.  I thought I was so sore from my walk with Amanda yesterday.... But I realized tonight it was when I fell on that log!!!  My front thighs feel like I ran a marathon!!  So the hot tub was really nice .... They have a beautiful private backyard where we could watch the boys burn at the bonfire pit.

As we drove home from our friends house, I commented to Chris how relaxed I felt.... It was a day with time well spent.