Saturday, April 25, 2015

Marks Retirement Party.

I would hope that everyone would have the chance to work for someone who is so full of love and integrity and kindness.  I was lucky enough to work for a man like that for 3 short years.  He was our historian ... so many years in the field ... if I didn't know the answer, or found myself in an awkward position, I knew that he would always find a moment to talk to me.  (We no longer have anyone like that on staff anymore, hence the incredible sadness and despair that floats around lately). 

This was Marks retirement party.  He is leaving in May, a day before my WOA retreat, to go to Scotland to run a full marathon!  So the them of the party was MARATHON!!  The speeches were hilarious and touching, so much love in the room for this man ....
In true Mark fashion, the end of the party was marked by a speech given by him.  He had made these sweet Achievement Awards specific to everyone on his team.  Each award was so thoughtful and loving.
I wish he was still my boss, but I am so happy for his new life....because from what I can see from my inexperienced eyes, these next years in (lack of) funding are going to be scary!