Thursday, July 28, 2016

Floating and HRM wrap up party!

So I tried this place out on Wednesday after work. I wasn't sure if it was a good day to try it because of all the things scheduled in my day already. Would I be able to relax enough to get the full effect of a 'float'?
This is a picture of the float room. The black is the tub. And beside the tub was a waterproof remote for the light, so in usual float capsules, it's dark immediately  which I think would freak me out?  But as I floated in 1000 pounds of Epsom salts, I kept it lit until I felt comfortable enough to turn it off.  An hour passed very quickly. I couldn't tell when my eyes were open or closed and I couldn't tell where the water began and my skin ended, it was quite enjoyable and I think I may have even slept a bit. 
I knew it was over by the soft voice saying "welcome back Sharon" and I was to prepare to get out. It was a nice sensation. I felt as though I had had a full body massage after it was over. I felt very zen and calm.  They also have a little room to relax in and get ready to hit the real world .... A desk with a colouring book, journal and books. A couch to sit on and tea or water nearby.  
Had I had more time, I would have stayed a little longer ...
But there were stair intervals to do with my 'healthy role model' gang!!  We all completed the 12 weeks together and decided on this date to have a wrap up party- beginning the party with 30 intervals of stairs in a beautiful forest. 30 degrees didn't feel so bad in the shade.  For a girl who does 12 reps, 30 was ludacris!! I did 22 .... Crazy weirdos.... Who does 30 reps??  The program said 12, so I have been doing 12... And 12 is hard! 30 was nuts.... But I cheered on the nuts.  
We all brought salad stuff ....
So salad and sangrias!!!!
It was a beautiful night with a group of very interesting women. We spoke of our jobs and it's challenges, how we find balance, and we decided as a group that we will do the 12 weeks all again in the fall!!  It was just a thoroughly enjoyable day. 
It's 3 days later and my legs are pretty sore still.