Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sleeping with metal bats...

The boys have been sleeping in the tent since I bought it shortly after school ended!! I sleep with them every few days but need my own bed once in awhile to keep my back and neck in line!  But it's been super nice with the fresh air, listening to the rain hit the top and just bring with my most precious boys.  But the other night we had a little blip in the tenting experience. 
Well, I hope you're all sleeping well. The boys and I are now inside, warm in our beds after being woken up by a vicious attack just outside our tent. I couldn't place it but it woke Isaac and I up in an instant!! Growling, snorting by the attacker and terrified squeals by its victim.  Because I couldn't place in my brain what animal this could be (Isaac was guessing pig due to the snorting and squealing).... Not bear, not cougar (I mean cougar would kill in an instant, and bears like berries!).  I was trying to call Chris - no signal. I was trying to text him - not delivered - arg!!!!!!  So, the fight ended and Isaac and I started to relax and breath but when the fight came rolling back, snorting and screaming back a moment later but closer to our heads, I yelled for Chris and hoped he heard me. He did.  He runs and opens the front door and whatever was there a moment ago, left. With Isaac seizures years ago, this is often how we would wake up; up and RUN.... There is no worse way to wake up. He was pretty glad it wasn't a medical emergency!!  Isaac and I were pretty glad to see him .... So we are deducing now raccoon vs bunny??  Or wolverine. Lol. Ok. Back to sleep. Anyone for tenting in our yard? Cause you know what? We're all back out here!  But now I sleep with a metal bat.