Started the day with a coffee and seasoning my new (and first!) cast iron pan!!
After breakfast, Chris wanted to hike through the forest research loop trails with us. It is always a great idea, and we are also happy once we are out. But this morning all I had on my mind was getting organized for our fall routine!! Clean, cook, organize, plan .... All the stuff he hates ... But what I love about him is that he and the boys wait patiently while I rush around doing last minute things like put the dishwasher on, put on another load of laundry, put soup in the crockpot for lunch, and then meet them outside.... Ready!! It was a nice morning even though we were expecting rain.
We love this screaming tree trunk!
We did just under 5km once we were done! His legs were abit tired!
Isaac taught us about old man beard, a common firestarter that he learned about at wild side during their fire building lessons!!








