Aisha's surprise wedding shower was Friday night in Sooke ... it was for the whole weekend, but I only went for the evening .... but I had the day off, so I figured I would try to make the most of my day in Victoria. I started the day with Nellie ... a sweet mom who has been coming to WOA for a few years, and we have never really had a chance to hang out, but I just always really liked her. She was happy to have some company that morning. I brought my noodle attachment and we made a ton of noodles for her freezer! Grayson and Liam were pretty helpful .... lol
Then it was lunch in Sidney with Darlene ... this lady was a fast friend when we first met years ago at WOA. Not sure what it is about her, but we laugh a lot when we are together ... she threw my 40th birthday in her beautiful home in Sooke ....
She is ready to be silly at a moments notice, and I need more of that in my life ...
This is Avery ... a girl I met last year at WOA, we have had a bit of a rough start with some mis-communications, but I find her interesting .... we blew up my hammock chair and had a visit in her backyard and then we made noodles for her freezer too. After I left, she went out and bought her own blow-up hammock chair too!
Avery lives beside the common wealth pool where my old friend shaleah was watching her 2 kids compete in swimming. So I popped in to see her on my way to Aisha's!!
Shaleah and I have been friends since before Chris and I had kids. Rich and Chris would hike mountains together and they made having kids look amazing! They would drag their kids on all their adventures, whether just big hiking trips (putting them on their back and hiking up mountains), or taking them to Africa for most of their childhood .... it was Rich who technically named Isaac. He sent us an email saying that he guessed his birth weight and also said his name would be Isaac. And immediately, we knew that was supposed to be his name!! (Until that point, we only had a girl name chosen, which was going to be Ruby). So, seeing Shaleah at the commonwealth pool for a few minutes while she ducked out of watching her 2 kids in their swimming competitions, was awesome.
And finally, to Sooke ... for Aisha's surprise Wedding Shower!! This girl was such a surprise to me last summer in lake cowichan ... I loved her immediately. It was nice having her live so close and ready to come over for wine or hot tubs or fires at a moments notice. But then she moved to Victoria.... And we've kept in touch, but I miss her. Such a kind heart ...
When I got to the house, she and I were looking over the bannister at these wooden platforms that were covering something and we were both curious as to what was under there!! So with no shoes, no bra, a pretty dress and wine in hand ... this girl and I trekked down through the bush to see. Such a free spirit ....
She has really nice family too ... I was one of the only ones who wasn't family and didn't get adopted into, or grow up on their family farm in Lillooet. 










