So while I was in Victoria, our 'new to us' boat got delivered and Chris sent this picture to us on the maiden voyage!!
Saturday was a beautiful day, so we put the boat into Lake Cowichan and our first stop was Pineapple Beach!! A sweet spot that is only accessible by boat. When we arrived, there was a fire that was dying out that Isaac got going again ....
And then Elliot enjoyed the rope swing ....
He also enjoyed my inflatable hammock type chair!! They got it for me for my birthday last year and this was the first time we were able to use it and it's awesome!!!
Thanks Wild Side for teaching Isaac about fire building. At one point, he stands up and says "This fire needs some 'old man beard' as he walks towards the trees, I said "I think he's metal detecting over there" .... Isaac thought that was pretty funny ....
Read a book, in the sun ... watching my boys play ... if I could just bottle that moment, I could live off of it forever ....
And speaking of happy places .....
We got back into the boat and discovered this deserted island that had this house on it. So, we beached our boat and bushwhacked it up to the house. It was super sketchy!!
We actually made it to the END of the lake!! Heather Campground is at the tip of the lake .... 16 years in this area, and we can finally say we have traveled the entire length of the lake!!!
It didn't take too long to get back to the other side, since we weren't stopping along the way ... but we were hungry and knew that Jakes on the Lake had a dock for their customers, so we figured it was a good day to see if we could get there!
We have to go through locks to transfer from the lake to the river ....
Turns out the locks are manned 24 hours a day ... you just need to drive up and pull a cord, and the guy will open the locks for you - any time of day!!?? Isn't that crazy? Oh, and it's free!
So, we made it to Jakes on the Lake!!
The only ones parked ....
Check out the map of the lake!! We traveled the entire distance today!
And remember super creepy house? It's on the map!! Deadmans Island!!!
The ride home was beautiful ... kids were chill, laying on the back mattress ....

Man, I remember doing this when I was a kid ... just laying there, in the sun ...





















