We are the only ones on site this weekend (aside from the rental group, but we don't really see them), so it felt like old times with just us. We could walk freely around the property without anyone asking or watching what we were doing .... So we cleaned up!! Happily and freely!!! Today's task was this shed and making it useful for wood since our last one was just taken away.
And this area has started to get taken over by cottonwood and the fallen logs haven't been touched since before summer so it was on Chris's radar.
I roasted squash for my first Vitamix soup experience.
It wasn't my best .... Easy .... But not tasty.
I wish I had taken some pictures of the boys helping Chris and I split all this wood. It was actually really fun working together as a family to get this done. The shed looks really nice now with the quad spot on the right and a proper wood shack on the left.
Almost 2 good rows of fresh wood for the winter.
Chris cleaned this area up and it looks so beautiful now. It's been so frustrating these last few years seeing all the piles of stuff grow around the areas where we live. No rhyme or reason, or plan to clean up. It's an awful first impression for people first driving into the camp, but this is also our front yard. It felt so good to clean up a small part of it today.
And then there is this.
Boys worked with me on a pie because we had apples to use up.
It looked as beautiful as it tasted!!!
Though they wanted apple pie for dinner, we decided after a big day of activity, that we would agree to dinner out so long as the kids agreed to pay for 1/2 their meal. They quickly agreed so we headed out.
Then Elliot asked to go on a Pokemon walk with my phone. Apparently there was a rare Pokemon near the little museum in town.
Good day .... Lots done ... Lots of family time. I have actually forgotten how much Isaac can talk! It reminded me of toddler days a little bit. I had to take a break in the bedroom for a little while to get some quiet. Good kids, lots of stories ....














