Coming back from Victoria and we stopped at a thrift store .... Elliot walks up to me and shows me this little guy and says "you have no idea how much I need this in my life, can I have him?" "Absolutely you can", I said. Turns out he glows different colors, charges via USB, and ended up being the mascot for the troup in the darkness of the nite hike. When approaching a new station, everyone would turn off their headlamps, Elliot would put "Sir Lord William" over his head and then they would all march towards the station, with just this glowy ghost ahead of them! It was apparently quite epic ... which was obviously my thought when he showed me in the store.
Here we are saying goodbye ....
Dylan met him at the ferry ... here they both look pretty impressed.....
Bus ride to UBC ....
Nite Hike begins!!! So many stations to complete and they apparently ruled them all!!
Top time and top scores -- pretty competitive and motivated group !!
They finished around 3am and hung out at the McDonalds 2km down the road ... and though they had someone offer to drive them, and though they just finished walking almost 30km's, it was TRADITION to walk!! So....at 3am...they walked .... ;-)
This was all pretty ok with me (though I missed him terribly and didn't really sleep that night), but it was all ok because this friend was beside him ... and I would trust her with everything ....
Ferry ride home .... I packed his ironman blanket that I made for him a few years ago (I sewed on a patch at the bottom of the blanket so it could be folded in to be made into a pillow - it was for one of our epic road trips ... he was on of the only ones with a cozy, so this pic made my mothers heart happy)
ALL DONE!!!!
Showered, onesie on, crepes made .... all was well ....