Sunday, April 28, 2019

Times Colonist 10K 2019

I mainly signed up just to spend time with these ladies .... 

The evening was full of all good girl things ..... food, shopping, chocolate, pedicures ....



The morning came quickly but we were ready ....

Here we go ...

The start .... we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!  Mary and Randi stayed with me for the first few km's but then I found my pace and it was much slower than theirs so I was happy to plug my music in and watch them disappear into the crowds ...

Whenever I would feel tired, I would remember these women!!

It was around this part, km 8.5, where it started getting hard on my knees ... and just up ahead, I see a sweet friend from WOA who is also appearing to be slogging it out.  So, I catch up beside her, we lock eyes and just fall into pace with eachother for the last 1.5 km.

We finished STRONG!  Kept pace and ran the entire 1.5 km in step with eachother.  Once we crossed the finish line, she admits she was going to walk the last km ....

My friends were waiting for me at the end!  We were all pretty proud of ourselves!  Mary-because she had never run a race like this and wasn't sure if she could even do it ... she hasn't run for long and the furthest she's run has been 6km ... and me because I hadn't run or exercised consistently for over a year!  And i was pleased with my time! My knees weren't happy, but they got happy within a day ...

Chris picked me up at the Costco a little later, and we filled the car with flowers for a new garden bed.  He really is a master packer!!!

The garden was all done for the Summer Launch bonfire in the yard ... it's a tradition!  It is always so good to have a goal .... (see the garden in the background?)

Here it is in the light .... looking forward to seeing it flourish this summer!