There was some confusion (thank you language barrier) over the amount of money we paid to this man, who's name escapes me now because its been over a month since we left and I am writing this lol. But he was great and showed up at our hotel the morning we needed to catch a flight so that we didn't need to pay for a taxi. He didn't get us a driver back from Machu Picchu on Thursday and we had to find our own way back to Cusco, which was fine, but we did pay him for one ... so I am glad he showed up ...
Shannon was very proud of the dishpit pans we used during security ....
Neither of us were too keen on the backpackers hostel we initially booked because our flight was early the next morning and the guy I had been communicating with to pick us up from the airport started to sound super sketchy .... so ... we walked past all the drivers holding names up when we arrived (we never did see a driver holding my name)... and we decided to see if there was an earlier flight to Mexico City ... nope ... so then we decided to take a taxi to the ocean for a nice dinner and evening stroller perhaps? Well, we were accosted as soon as we went outside .... men were yelling at eachother, and at us, and trying to get us to get in their vehicle .... at one point, I yelled back at them that they were being crazy ... but we ended up walking away with one of them, feeling not bad about him ... but then he tried to pass us off to another driver even though we had attempted to confirm (many times), that HE was our driver ... a point he continued to nod to. He even got our luggage in the back of the car of this strange guy we hadn't seen, and tried to get us to go with him. So....Shannon and I looked at eachother, nope. So, thankfully, I can be pretty forceful too ... and I had them give us back our luggage and we walked back into the airport. It is only around 4 by now ... and our flight is 6am. We decide to sleep at the airport and spend our hostel/taxi money on a very decadent dinner.
At this point, I can't remember what this was, but it warranted a picture ... it was amazing ... oh, it was butternut ravioli in a butter sauce!!! sooooooo goooooood......
Desserts were good too ......
I took this picture for Elliot as its one of his favorite candies ..... bigger than my arm!
We stationed ourselves down a nice little hallway ... watched movies and slept until 6:30am.
I sure loved my sweater and silk sleep mask .....
It was a nice night ... beautiful, clean airport ....I know this wouldn't have been the experience in Mexico City airport .... that place is nasty.