Monday, October 12, 2020

Camp Thanksgiving 2020

It started with a conversation with Jolene about dinner and when I heard how big her planned menu was, I wanted an invite!!!  So I invited her to make dinner at the camp with Rachel and I helping ....

It was a good day but man, it was a long day of cooking.  Only a few tears when she overcooked the turkey but Rachel swooped one with the idea to just soak the turkey in the gravy .... 

Here I am making rosemary lemonade with the WOA recipe ....

Also on lemon meringue pie duty ... here I am wrestling with  the aluminum foil because the top browned too quickly!

Time to serve the people!!!!!

Socially distant!!



My pie!!

The offerings .....I made chocolate cream pie, lemon meringue pie, and a chocolate torte and Rachel bought apple pie and pumpkin pie from Costco ...



I loved how after dinner everyone pitched in cleaning up!  Isaac led the charge!!



Elliot showing me his red, working hands!!

It was a happy Thanksgiving weekend.  Chris was still so unwell with his mouth sores so it was nice he was able to stay in bed and lay low for most of the weekend ....