Apparently the 'tooth fairy' bought all of the things available from Isaacs 'pillow garage sale' from last night....so he came bursting in at 6:30 with all his little coins. As happy as I was trying to be for him, I miss my SLEEP!!
But we got up and watched the boys race around with their 'pumpkin head' baskets, collecting little mini eggs and finally the grand finale of the giant KinderEggs. These boys have been wishing for these giant versions of their favorite treats for months.....we aim to please! ahem, I mean, the Easter Bunny aims to please....whatever {this morning, Isaac asked Chris if he hid them......when i asked what Chris said, he said he couldn't remember!....i mean, who doesn't remember if you have told their child that there is no such thing as the Easter Bunny?}
Chocolate Bliss!
We took in warmland church.....the boys had a nice time downstairs making a basket for the easter egg hunt that was happening after. Here is a shot of Russ the bunny being chased by the kids:
After we got home, we were all pretty exhausted...especially me. Isaac has been off the hook these past few days with his energy and I could take no more. I felt quite off today, due to rain mostly, but also that this was the first year we didn't have family together for Easter. I didn't think it was a big deal because we have been so busy, that we all needed a break and a rest from company.
I slept so hard from 3 until 5.
And when I woke up, it was to Isaac banging on my door saying that grandma and grandpa and great grandma was here.
Imagine my happiness to family being together for Easter after all!!
Here are the hard core Canucks fans!
Here is great grandma wearing the scarf we gave her for Christmas from New York!
Spontaneous Easter Dinner with a wonderful family!
Angel food cake with strawberries and devonshire cream.
My first totally completed Scrabble game!!!
Tonight really was a welcome surprise. Family is so important, isn't it? The only thing that could have made it better would have been having my family here too. I read my dads blog the other night of them walking and spending the morning with my sister. It was nice to see the pictures but it was also a little hard to see them all together without me. But we are all happy and healthy and I am unsure of what else you could ask for, but if you ask Chris, he may have said 'for the canucks to have won or had better refs this past game!'
Happy Easter.....we are all so blessed.






