Friday, April 22, 2011

Learning, laughing and loving.....its all so good.

On their own accord: 
Picnic packed in the back of their hummer.....
blanket, iced tea, crackers, moms water bottle....
and a sunny spot where they could watch mom and dad work around the yard
= perfect sunny day.
These boys kept Chris and I laughing all day.....they played on their own for the majority of the day...driving that hummer around to whatever location we were at.  Chris and I worked on pretty much every side of the house today....when we were around front, Isaac and Elliot loaded up the back of the hummer with a variety of toys to play with on the road.  When we worked on the side of the house, they put the toys away, and packed themselves a picnic {as seen above}. 

Their creativity blows my mind as I watch them interact with eachother, negotiate, compromise, play, talk, laugh....it absolutly thrills me to watch them develop their friendship. 

Today was Good Friday, and it really was a good day.  We talked about Easter and what it means.  Chocolate and easter egg hunts are fun and the boys are really excited for that to happen, but when we talked about what Easter really means, they were the first ones to really volunteer what they have learned in preschool, church, home and that this weekend has to do with Jesus and how much He loves us.  I love that my concerns were put to rest with their responses to my questions.  I want them to have fun because they are kids and chocolate is awesome! so is hunting for it!!  but I don't want them to think that easter is about an easter bunny......