Monday, September 05, 2011

Elliots Pre-Kindergarten Trip!!! Rockin' the South Island!!

I have been dragging my feet a little on this post due to the enormous amount of pictures that were taken!!  I tried to narrow them down, so here we go!!

Wednesday evening Elliot and I were to leave for Washington for our trip, where Susan was going to meet us.  Wednesday morning, because of a few signs that were pointing to staying a little closer to home, i called Susan and invited her to come to the island enstead.  Spontaneous, wonderful woman she is.....she grabbed the early afternoon ferry!!

We stayed at the timeshare which is right on the harbor downtown:

 Do you see the harbor ferry in the background?  Elliot sees it and exlaims "ooooh, i have ALWAYS wanted to go on one of those little boats!!".....guess what we did the next morning?  nope, not miniature world as initially planned.......
After a really nice dinner of corn, roasted chicken, raspberries, brie and crackers and gingerbeer......
 We did my new favorite thing!!!
 Tie DYE!!!!
I wish the shirts stayed as vibrant as when they are unfolded......
 We did tank dresses......
ok, we did tank TOP....i mean, who are we kidding...we aren't 17 anymore.
 We walked to the harbor in the morning.....
we hadn't used a stroller in ages, but i am so glad i threw it into the car....
we did ALOT of walking for a 5 year old!!
Fun on the Pier......
 
 Meg joined us for lunch at Red Fish Blue Fish.....check the line behind us!! 
We were there at 11 for the 11:30 opening, and we still weren't first in line! 
TOTALLY worth it though...i have never had such amazing fish......
 After lunch we walked down to the harbor for the looong awaited ferry boat ride -
he HAD been waiting all his life, after all!!
 Little bit of wildlife off the side of the dock is always a perk!


 We headed to Sidney to the Ocean Discovery Centre.....

 
 After a really nice time with Susan....we left her to peruse at her leisure some of the shops in Sidney minus the company of the 5 year old before catching her ferry home......Elliot and I drove towards home.  I was getting tired and asked if he wanted to have a short visit with grandma and grandpa.....he says yes, but also that he wanted to have a sleepover.....i didn't think so!!!  After getting there, Elliot had a bath, we read books....we were both cuddled up in the giant bed upstairs together and sleeping by 8:25pm!!!  Guess we weren't going home after all!!

I remember reading the back of cereal boxes as a kid.....
so i found it nice to see my boy do it too.....
 Sweet grandpa making cinnimon toast for Elliot.....
It was a nice little holiday....i loved that Susan came over for it.  She was there for Isaacs pre-kindergarten trip, so it was only right for her to be at Elliots!!!

Elliot, you are about to go to school!!  I am sad and excited at the same time!!!  You seem excited to join the ranks....I feel unsure about my own life and how not having you in my day to day hours will affect both of us!! So I don't think about it! 

I still have a week left with you....and I will make it count.  I love you my dear boy......you are going to have a fantastic time at school!!!