This morning Caleb and I walked the boys to the bus in the snow.....there is something
so special about being the first one to put the footprints in the fresh powder!
This afternoon i met with a really special realtor that Chris and I met through our house flipping days...i always liked him and felt that, as far as a realtor went, he was an honest guy with integrity and i really admired that. I also love this market....i don't want to be a realtor, i don't want to punch a clock, but i DO want to be involved somehow....so I approached him last year and pitched him an idea to train me as his assistant and when the market picks up again...i will be ready to go!!! We started today and I think its going to be great.After i left the realtor office, I picked the boys up for their piano lessons. I love walking across the playground and collecting one boy at a time...each grabbing my hand and walking back to the car together. I dropped them off at piano and left to hunt out new lunch ideas!! I mean, they won't eat sandwiches, soup or anything typical...... so i figured i should try my hand at homemade granola bars....i need more snacky healthy ideas since i need to pack the lunch pails full of snacks......
These ended up being no bake chewy granola bars....here
is the recipe because i know you are dying for it!!!
No-Bake Granola Bars
- 2 .5 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups nuts (I used walnuts and pecans)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- Toast oats, nuts and coconut in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, stirring often. Remove to a large bowl and toss with raisins.
- Place butter, sugar, cinnamon, honey and molasses in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir into oat mixture until evenly coated. Let sit just until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, line a 7×11 inch pan with plastic wrap. Spoon mixture into pan, pressing down to compact. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. Remove from pan, peel away plastic wrap and slice into 16 bars (half lengthwise and then into 8). Wrap individually in plastic wrap or parchment paper, if desired. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes: 16 servings
Currently Mel and I are sitting on the computer working on our pictures and our blogs.....
but now its time to visit.....have a wonderful night....see you tommorow!!