Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mom turns 59!! and a few shots from the rest of this busy week...

I flew to kelowna to see my mom (believe it or not, I actually typed 'winnipeg' before I erased it to write Kelowna!).....she had a birthday on Sunday!  I know its thursday night now, but I haven't made the time to edit a few of the shots!  As soon as I got back, the ground was hit....running!

Dad picked me up and we headed to Costco to return some jeans that he had bought......we tried to go look around afterwards, but he shops like the rest of us Moir women....'yeah! yeah! Lets go take a look....'...5 minutes pass "ok...lets get outta here...."  I love the dichotomy of his hard-core leather jacket and then his reading glasse.....a woman he knew made a point of stopping and chatted him up for a few minutes, all smiles and chatty chatty....women love this guy.....reading glasses or not.
 Best lunch EVER!!  The food was pretty great too.....
 After lunch, dad dropped me off with Carrie......we hung around the house for a little while {arg, the kids are so big and SO cute!!!}....Brad seemed to have things under control, so carrie got her pretty 'going out' skirt on, and we hopped off to the mall...where she shared her saavy couponing smarts with me!  Hello 17 tubes of toothpaste for 2.00!!!
After a little bit of shopping and 'ah...lets get outta here....'...we headed to the hotel for a little rest!  Here she is moments after saying 'i'm not going to sleep'......lol
 It was then time to wake up, change our mind about going for dinner, and order room service from the restaurant across the street!!!!!
 Mom arrived that night around 10....i think she was pretty fired up about her evening at the culinary contest where she was volunteering, and then arrived to a pretty somber, tired hotel room with 2 bagged girls in it!  At one point, she is sitting on the bed, looking at us, she takes a big sigh and says "umm...I think I am going to go home..."  Well, the promise of a walk in the morning convinced her to stay, but apparently she was up all night listening to us breathing.  She told us in the morning that we both started 'deep breathing' at 3am....sorta sweet, but had that comment come out of anyone elses mouth, would have been fully creepy!!
 She wore this boa for the rest of the day!!!  We didn't even have to make her!   Thanks to Amanda for the fun birthday idea....the glasses will continue to make their rounds to the next birthday girl....she kept the boa!
Peachland is a beautiful little town......reminded me of what kelowna used to feel like 10 years ago.



Skype sometimes just doesn't cut it.....this is the first time that i was able to 
hold her since last December.  Ellie is the sweetest little thing....
Making dinner for the birthday girl...both men hard at work....
Happy Birthday MOM!!!
Mom loves an early morning walk......

Playing Kings in the Corner....my parents tolerated LOVED playing cards....
Saying good bye......yup....he's definatly family.
But before I left, moms birthday request was to make a vat of laundry soap!  She didnt tell me til after that her couponing daughter had loaded her up with like 6 huge containers of laundry soap already!  The woman won't be buying any for years......
Nice to be home with these monkeys.....came home to a spotless house.....i love my husband.
Nic and Steve also had their baby on tuesday night!!!  She is so beautiful, named Amara......they are both still in hospital and i think Nic is eager to get home!  Thankfully her folks are both here for 2 weeks now, so she will have lots of support......
On Valentines day, I helped out with healthiest babies "love yourself day".....Laura asked me a few weeks ago.  It was a nice morning...I did nails (i wonder if she figured I am a girl so I can do nails? Bit of a mistake, but ah well)....I had a cappucino that morning while visiting Nic in the hospital, that by the time i got to this event, I was feeling a bit jittery......which is why i laughed when more than one of the girls asked if I would do a french tip on their nails....haha NO way!  Would have turned out like a squiggle line.....turns out i was fantastic with the red sparkle polish (it covers a multitude of errors!!)...thankfully it was valentines and many were persuaded with my suggestions!!  ;-)  Laura did a great job with this morning...I was very proud.
So, this blog has taken all week......now its saturday, and the deal was that we all put our electronics away at 9:45am to clean the house until 11:45.  Mel and Jon will be here at 12:30 for the day.....so I should start the prep!