Monday, September 28, 2015

Elliot got Mme Pegg ...

The teacher renowned for a ton of homework!!! He was pretty freaked out at the beginning of the year, even tears on the first day. But this boy has really seemed to be up for the task.  I realize it's still only September, but he finishes his homework with no complaining, works on his dictee and his spelling.... 
He is super smart and I'm pretty proud of him. Tonight, Mme Pegg called me at home... Which is always super unnerving.  Turns out there is a little punk named 'Ever' in his class Who has been teasing Elliot about his speech impediment.  Apparently there were some older kids who overheard this happening and told the teacher. Elliot hadn't mentioned this really to me before, so I was happy to hear that the teacher was taking first steps in communications. Apparently she has already spoken to Elliot as well, so this is going to make him stronger!! It's nice that stuff like this doesn't seem to break him, he doesn't seem to care or notice too much.... But it's definitely something we are all going to stay on top of. And he also seems pretty happy that he takes self-defense. I thought it was funny that he brought that up tonight... No kid of mine is allowed to be a victim. You look everyone in the eye and stand up straight....it's a big world baby - take it on!!