Monday, February 01, 2016

Croup update ...

I'll properly update the rest of the LA trip later but thought I'd just update on the croup since we have some worried family. This trooper had a huge travel day: at 6am; 
At 8am on the plane;
At 12:30pm at the ferry terminal:
On the ferry;

Croup gets worse with Elliot we have learned. So I was bracing myself for an awful night. Already at 5pm, we had used his puffer, which helped abit!!  It allowed him to have a nice dinner and watch tv and we had a hot tub and talked about tonight's plan for the croup. As if November since his last cold and bout with croup, our amazing doctor gave us the pills they'd use at the ER!

So the plan was to use the pill as a last resort. So he fell asleep and I read more on the pill. The more I read about what it did, the more I realized I'd rather get ahead of this than chase it once it's awful. So when he woke up at 8, struggling but not too bad, I gave him half the dose on the bottle. It now almost 2!! He's in the bath, but not for croup!! :-)

So I'm expecting a great rest of the night. That's my hope anyways ..... Oh and also, I threw my lower back out somehow just before bed. So that's a nice change from the neck, I guess.