Thursday, August 25, 2016

Day with Kim!!!

I have loved this girl since I was 12 years old. We laid eyes on each other at camp in Ontario and our first memory was sailing together and nearly flipping in a sailboat in a storm that came up so fast!!!

..... We lived. And then we started grade 8 at a new school together. A private girls school. Sigh ... We've been through a lot together.  So I came to Victoria this week to help her pack up the rest of her life that she left behind in a storage locker.

Here we are this morning! All fresh and energized!!  (Stay tuned lol, the freshness fades....)
  Packed up boxes of books and took them to Russell Books .... They took a pile of books and gave her a store credit. But there were still three boxes of books they didn't take.... So we headed to the library!
Turns out they take book donations!  My sweet friend is very pregnant, so I was the muscles today. My most favourite comment of hers was "I am so glad you work out." So I had to take a picture of my pipes at the library!! Lol. 
We had the best Baja fish tacos at the taco place next to Russell's books!! We decided we'd like to go back to Mexico. 
Hanging at the U-Haul!  See? Tired face!
So we packed up the rest of her locker and took as many boxes as we had that didn't have valuables and took them to the post office (we will purolater the valuables with her grandmas China tommorow) .... It filled the back of my car and here we are - successful after shot!!!
I had to take a pic of this doll that her grandma made!! The whole story of little red riding hood in one doll!!!
When we got back to the apartment, she had a shower and I hit the rooftop BBQ that was happening (we saw the sign in the elevator on the way up).... Met a nice couple in the elevator .... I didn't mean to eat, I just wanted to check out what a building rooftop BBQ looked like. I didn't mean to drink the free wine and have a smokie.  Victoria is so beautiful and it was fun meeting new people and just shooting the breeze and hearing other people's stories.  After I left the BBQ, Kim and I sat around in the apartment for awhile (she ate her leftover Thai food from the other night and laughed that I ate .... She was buying dinner, so I saved her a pile of cash). But around 8 we went for a walk and for dessert.  Victoria is so beautiful. I love the china town entry. 
This cake .... How could I not??
I gave it a valiant effort .... It was so beautiful, but after eating pretty good for awhile, my stomach could only handle a few bites.  Sigh .... I texted Rachel and told her it was coming home ... And she texts back "oh my lanta", but it wanted to auto correct to "oh my pants", which we both thought was pretty hilarious because it's still fitting. 
We had such a nice night. Her 24 week old baby belly craves cream and dairy, so she fully enjoyed a banana cream pie ... We talked about babies and dreams and hopes.  It's been such a nice get away.