Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Ortho consults and Lego Building ....





Isaac has some adult teeth that are 'missing'....just not in his body!  It's wild how many of his baby teeth even fell out because there were no adult teeth forcing them out.  So, here we are, at his specialist consult. 
Pretty sure the guy wants us to know that he is qualified ;-)  Honestly have never ever seen so many degrees on one wall, belonging to one person!
It was time to take pictures of his jaw, and teeth .... apparently when I left the room for a minute, the woman had to put something metal in his mouth to measure something?  Isaac said she rubbed it first on her arm to make sure it wasn't too hot (I guess it had just been sterilized??)...and then she put it in his mouth!!  ew!!  I wish I had been there, and I would have said something, but Isaac didn't seem to bothered by it, so I let it go .. but come on!! seriously?!

Turns out his teeth are quite well aligned but the two big gaps where an adult tooth is supposed to be will have to be addressed as he gets older.  At this point, the dentist wants to see us back in a year, to talk about implants!  (yikes)... I understand that outside teeth will start to bend and grow sideways into the gap, but couldn't that be done with a retainer and a spacer tooth, to 'take up the space'.  So that will not be a fun process, but I am already thinking of 2nd and 3rd opinions .... no way I want him to have to get an implant, maybe 2!  yikes....  After we were done, he didn't want to go back to school, and I wasn't due back to work until 10, so I took him out for hot chocolate....

And a sweet picture of this cutie!!! He found a lego set of his that he hadn't assembled yet so he worked for over an hour on the kitchen floor finishing it!!  By the time he was done, Isaac had put himself to bed, and Elliot took the opportunity to drag his blankets into our room and slept on the floor beside the bed.  Love this boy ... so sweet.

We had a super expensive night at home last night as we chose to stay home rather than go back out in the pouring rain and spend another 3 hours in the car getting to and from Nanaimo to see Chantal in concert.  I bought these concert tickets back in the summer ... but I barely got back to Duncan from Nanaimo last week in the rainstorm during the day with all the hydroplaning the car did on that stretch of highway ... no way I wanted both Chris and I to be out in that weather .... so...that was a bummer, but I was happy to stay home.  I woke up this morning with energy and made them all a hot breakfast, we hottubed together ... no workout ... when I have energy, it was nice to spend it on the kids ... not sure what I am fighting, but it isn't awesome ...