Saturday, November 26, 2016

Quick birthday trip to Kelowna ....

I have the best sister in the world. She flew me to kelowna to help celebrate my birthday and I felt so incredibly special. I didn't take a ton of pictures unfortunatly because I wanted to soak it all in!! But here are the few shots I did get. 

We did a little thrift shopping on our way home from the airport which led us to being hungry around 4!! And since dinner wasn't for another few hours, we stopped in at the wildfire pizza trailer!! Best pizza!!
Once home, we relaxed for a little while and had a hottub. 
But before the hottub, sister gave me a birthday presents!! A cool fleece shirt, cozy socks, and the best shirt she had made for me that said "I'm sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come"....
Then time for special birthday dinner at her local Greek restaurant. Here is mom using her flashlight to read the menu. Carrie and I found this cute and amusing. ;-)
My two favourite ladies!!
Our waitress was an interesting character. 
We were so full from dinner but still splurged for the chocolate mousse for dessert. It was amazing!! And we each had a couple of special drinks to celebrate.  So fun. 
Mom and I getting a quick squeeze in before we left the restaurant.  Love my mom. 
The next morning was sweet. Jack played piano, Ellie puttered around. 
She crawled into bed with me as a wake up call :-). She is just the sweetest little soul!!
We headed to mom and dads for breakfast!  Somehow my childhood raggedy Anne doll was there!!
The two chefs in the kitchen. 
The trip was over quickly but we squeezed a lot of face time into the time spent. I was able to get a good tour of the log cabin and all the work they've done lately around there. It's coming a lot so beautifully. Carrie has the sweetest little kids that I just love. It was nice to spend some time on my own. I felt very loved. It was a great birthday getaway.