As I was grabbing my passport on Thursday morning, I thought "ah, just for fun, will check everyone elses passports even though I think we are all fine" .... turns out this kids passport expired in Oct!! Ack!!! So, we race him to the photographers (he was stoked to miss some school and have a quick hot chocolate with mom before the photographers office opened at 9!)....
However, the passport photographer thought there was nothing wrong with the initial picture:
The kid looks like such a punk!! "Choose your weapon"??!! She even stamps the back and hands it to me with a smile .... I look at it and look back and her and say 'you see NO problem with this picture?' ..... she blankly looks at me ... lol, luckily she is a whiz at photoshop and photoshopped his t-shirt all black and re-printed it.
That day I had to be in Nanaimo all day, so Chris took the kids and the passport information to the head passport office in Victoria. Thankfully, we are able to get the passport back on Dec 1st ... 2 days before we leave!! We all met up for a few minutes before they headed for home and I met up with Aisha for a show downtown.
Aisha and I became good friends this summer, but she moved to Victoria and this was the first time we have been able to hang out since she moved.We saw a show called "Lies our parents told us" .... so everyone had a story ... most were entertaining stories ... one was super sad ...
I didn't get any shots of Darlene, but I crashed in her livingroom and this girl kept me company in the morning while I drank my coffee before the flight.
Their new house is lovely ....
She also gave me a pair of Tom boots that she doesn't wear anymore ....






