Look at that big boy behind us? Here we are feeling quite smug about rocking taking out 5 kids out on the river!!
It is so good that they are all getting older and nicer to take out places .... it's also a pretty big kick watching their relationships grow with eachother. Wildside was so good for Ava and Isaac ...
They untied from us and floated down the last part on their own ... speaking of Ava and Isaac.
Success!!! All the in the car and heading back to camp!!!
Mike, who stayed on land with the dog, went and bought ice cream .... we spent a couple hours swimming and talking on the dock before I had to leave for family camp Kick-Off. It was a pretty steller afternoon.
Elliot on the back of my quad helping me do a garbage and recycling run ... this kid has a sense of humor that is developing in front of my very eyes, daily. He is SO funny .... and just a chill kid .. I just love who he is turning into.
And then there is this kid!! Elliot and I drove down to see how the game was going. Isaac actually took this hat and vest from program and keeps it in his room because its the only one that is small enough for him .... I think that is so funny .... He is a great outlaw, chasing down kids! He often takes from punks and passes their chips or packages off to other kids who are struggling, or are his friends lol.
Here he is speaking to all the campers, and I was trying to distract him by holding the phone close to his gorgeous face ... he didn't even falter ... my he has grown in his skills .....
And here is Charlene ... she and I sat on the patio tonight while chapel went on and just had a great catch up. She is one of the biggest reasons that I love family camp. She and her girls have become quite important to me .... they have come 4 years in a row .. and we met on her first summer here, 4 months after her husband was killed in a plane accident. Watching her girls grow up each year and just become so fun has been such a kick.
Her girls this morning (Monday-we had a coffee date before work): Devon is the oldest (same age as Isaac), Ryann (same age as Elliot), and sweet little Allie (when I made them a smoothie this morning, Charlene says "give Allie a small amount! She is the finisher of NOTHING" which I thought was a funny title) .....












