Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The truth is....

that there have been a few people within the last 2 days, asking if I have "recovered" from such a crazy weekend - and the truth is that it really was the most amazing break!!! 

The real work is cleaning, cooking, wiping, driving....repeat!

To come home and find my kids being well taken care of by my mom and dad while I got to play 'director' at the most rad retreat this camp has ever seen!! Was, by all accounts, AWESOME!!  This must be what Chris must feel like on a daily basis...and not gonna lie, i loved every minute!

I don't think I will be posting anything else about the retreat as its hard to put into words what all happened.....but on the friday night, we had flavored "menthos" in each wine glass.  While I was busy with the details of the retreat, my eldest was making the most of his time not being 'watched as closely' while down at the dining hall and ate as many of those candies as he could and this was the result 18 HOURS later!!  It's like he threw up Candyland!!  We had all never seen anything like it!!  Sorta pretty, isn't it???
 Here he is in all his glory taking apart some garbage remotes.....
 He had a little too much fun taking them all apart and smashing them to smithereens....
 ....while his brother looked on!