It's hard to put into appropriate words what happened this weekend.
Perhaps I will just show you what the women did; they went shooting;
They Rapelled down the Mountain:
With the help of my handsome best friend......
Jon and Mel taught them Outdoor Cooking!
I would pick up the outdoor cookers and rapellers when their sessions were finished!
They went caving.....
Adorable right?
With the help of my handsome best friend......
Jon and Mel taught them Outdoor Cooking!
I would pick up the outdoor cookers and rapellers when their sessions were finished!
They went caving.....
Even my sister went!!!!
....Chris lead the way!
They fished...
They did Falconry:
Here are 2 of my favorite ladies who did an amazing job this weekend:Adorable right?
They learned how to use an Axe and Chainsaw!
We relaxed:And spent time with eachother:
And on our own.....
We also ate like Queens!
It's late and i really am unsure of what to write to really convey what this weekend really meant to me, other than incredibly special. I got to meet some incredible women, got to know our summer staff a little better and became even more impressed by them. But I don't think that I can even put into words how special this weekend was,
i do have to say though that having my family up for the weekend was pretty cool. To see them get involved at a camp that is such a big part of our life....really was a great gift to me.
My mom kept the kids at bay so that I had the freedom to be the best director that I could be without worrying about them. Even my dad got super involved:
My dad taught a class, took a class, raced through the water in the ski boat with me in the middle of the night in the pouring rain to get it out of the water, he even watched Isaac throw up the rainbow candies from his huge gorge the night before {blog pics to come on that one later, never seen anything like it--flavored menthos don't really break down!}.
....It really was one of the most incredible weekends and I am feeling pretty thankful to have been part of it! It reminded me of what I love about camp and that maybe it is time to get involved again.


















