This was a great day.
It started with meeting "Major"....this sweet 16 year old boy is owned by a nice girl in grade 12 near Bright Angel Park, who feels he isn't being ridden enough. She put an ad on the net, and i thought to myself, all those years of horse summer camp were fun....I loved it....I should get back to it!! So, today, we went for a walk, checked out the trails around his house, and got a bit of a lay of the land......I liked him alot....I think we will have some fun. I am excited for the boys to meet him down the road too......
After meeting Major, it was time to head to the local Indian restaurant (or, my new name for it "Pubic Palace".....yuck...found one right on top of my rice.)....anyways, here are Cam and Maeve looking at the photo album from the radio station that I kept.....i loved that they both are wearing glasses.....we have all sortof grown up together.
When I was trying to decide between going back to the radio station or becoming an Analyst, it was 3 of these 4 people I went back to, to use as a sounding board. Kevin is funny, he says 'well, I guess you coulda just tossed a coin....' I said I did that after!! Man, this lunch was fun. We laughed and reminisced.....good times......Julie is still there, so an update was interesting too.
Met with Cristin after lunch. Its always good to spend with this woman. She is juggling more than anyone I have ever known.....i asked her today how she does it (she had just come off a 4 hours shift with the school board, took a bit of a break with me and headed to her next job from 3 til 10pm while Rob stayed home, saying he wasn't feeling well.)....she says to me "somebody has to"....so much respect for this girl.
I watched her make dough, while my boys watched her worker make pizza.
She treated the boys to pizza and drinks! We are very lucky.
She's fast......
This evening, I arrived home to this girl for the evening. This is Gussie. I am supposed to be her 'mentor'...funny hey? I think I got the best auxano student to be asked to hang with this year though!! She seems to like me, and we often drink juice and eat quinoa for dinner when she comes over. I am really going to miss this girl when she goes....she is bound for great things. Working in an orphanage this summer and then leaving for possibly Holland in the fall for architecture school! 





