Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walking in the forest with some crazy people.....

This crazy clan brought dinner over tonight after work.....such a treat!!  Here laura took the wheel after dinner as we went searching for Stinging Nettle!!!  She and Mike made a soup from it the night before and their whole family LOVED it.....so, we wanted some too!!
 Walking in the Honeymoon Bay Wild Flower reserve....Mike gave me a good lesson on different plants, flowers and trees.....I hired him for a friday night hike with the womens at the retreat -- they will love him!!
 Wren was snap happy with her new ipod.....she sent me a few of her favs.....I loved this one, mainly cause I saw her take the shot....took a few tries, but i loved the clarity of the trees behind the flower.....
 Here is her little 'adaptation' of isaac she sent me.......
Such sweet kids......
 Love all the expressions......
 Adults turns.....guess who lives at a kids camp?
 Me and Chris:  Ok!  Crazy Shot!!
Laura and Mike: Ummmm......
 My best friend.....we had a really nice day together yesturday.
 There you go Mike....he is getting it!!
Mike whipped his clippers out from his pant pocket on our walk (??)....and clipped us a bunch or Stinging Nettle....Chris made the most amazing soup as I tried to finish lunches.....
*note I said 'trying'....I was dead on my feet and felt like I was going nowhere....isaac, who was tucked in already, but always looking for a reason to get up, pushes me aside, kisses me on the cheek, and says 'you go rest, I will finish the lunches....'  and with a little direction.....he did.  Got to love that boy.  And I had the stinging nettle soup for lunch today too...and it was even better than last night!!!!