Saturday, November 01, 2014

Gala Night

Chris had a huge day!  He left at 6:30 in the morning to head to Victoria to set up for a teen expo that ran all day .. they had line ups all day!  They were the most beautiful, fun booth - even Qwanoes came over and admired the handywork!!!
After the teen event was over ... he put his suit on and met me at the Union Club downtown Victoria for the Imadene Foundation Gala.
We were given tickets from Wayne Garner ...he's on the board, but we really like him.
Nice to have an excuse to dress up ...
We tried not to read into it, but we were put into the back corner of the room .... significant? We aren't sure ... but sad that it crossed our minds.  The evening was lovely with many people that we've known for a long time through camp.
Ken Lavign sang for the room ... he was a great story teller and singer...we both thoroughly enjoyed his performance.  Not much was said about the camp but more about Ken....
Mel looked beautiful ... you'd never know she was dying from a head cold with medicine that was wearing off quickly....
Jinny was unrecognizable with her new hair do (seriously, Kelly didn't recognize her)..... she did a great job giving the only talk of the evening about camp and the influence camp had on her life .... Andy, who is our face of camp, wasn't given an opportunity to talk or say anything .. the food was great, so was the singing, but I was confused about the whole lavish evening.


It was a long ride home after grandma and grandpa stayed up til almost midnight watching the boys ... I didn't realize it would be such a late night .. but i didn't feel well as I drove home.  Upon arrival, after the longest ride EVER, I carried Elliot into the house, and proceeded to the bathroom where I puked my guts out.  I guess thats what I think of the Imadene Foundation dinner?
I have never been so well dressed as I threw up!!  Classy gal eh?  I felt better immediately, but thought it was funny to see my lovely pashmina and fancy jewelry on the floor beside the toilet after!