Friday, November 07, 2014

Going on 36 hours with no power!!

Friday was a full day without power .... I put the turkey, that was supposed to be for the Auxanos on thursday, into the oven at noon .... by 5, it was a beautiful looking turkey!  There was a fun group of 12 guys renting the camp this weekend ... they were planning on some casserole at 8 ... so I put 4 plates together for my family .. and left the buffet of the remaining dinner on the counter for the group to enjoy.  The place smelled amazing - I felt the longing looks as I was carving up the turkey from some of the guys ..... they were pretty excited to see us walk out the door with our plates and everything left behind for them ..... 
Mashed potatos, beets, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, gravy and turkey ... a fine meal for a power out, wouldn't you say?