Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 13 - Exploring Oceanside - the afternoon!!!

One of the shots in the museum that I loved.  I love California ... I really do.  I feel so comfortable down here - its a place that Chris and I have started talking about as a place we would like to spend parts of our years when that time comes ... because I want more sun in my life!  We are not in a position right now to have it, but one day.  
Chris and the boys also walked the mile and a half to the museum and met me and we took our picnic lunch to the nearby pier.  There are definitely not enough piers in Canada.....there is something about a pier!!!  I tried to catch a pigeon that had string wrapped around his foot, but I couldn't catch him and I felt sad for him for the rest of the afternoon.  But here are the boys happily causing a 'feeding frenzy' with some of their bread.  Isaac learned the hard way that pigeons are the birds you can feed out of your hand - not seagulls ... because seagulls will take your finger off!!!  He learned that the hard way ... (he still has his finger btw, it was just sore!)
Do people ever get tired of this ?  I bet they do ... I wish I could see our back yard like I see this - this is why we leave camp, so try and get those fresh eyes back.  
We leave to see so many other things, and then we are happy to plant our feet again.
Seriously, this huge pelican nearly landed on my head!!  I quickly took a selfie of the two of us and left quickly as I noted a sign beside him that read "I am a wild pelican so keep your distance because I bite stupid people).....I'm not stupid ... but I was a little stupid perhaps because I REALLY wanted a picture with him!! ha (he totally could have leaned over and pecked my head!)
Time to walk back to the resort ..... water just calls my kids ....

I love the pier in the background ....


This boy went in with his shirt on, so he wore mine on the way home because it was dry .... looks pretty doesn't it?
When we got back to the resort, I took the boys swimming and to the hot tub as they were still cold from their romp in the ocean.  Chris went upstairs to sleep the rest of the afternoon.  He had a headache/minor migraine today - he also didn't have an iced coffee today, so hello withdrawls??  I fed him really well all day, though he could have drank more water .... he is better now.

We watched Christmas movies tonight and tommorow morning we are up bright and early to head over to Phoenix for the rest of the week!!  Scottsdale to be exact....there are some pretty neat things around there that we are excited to see.  

It's good that we are moving, these kids explode, it will be nice to have a clean place to start fresh from again!! ;-)  I have been loving the kitchen in these places, we hardly eat out - I actually like cooking for the family now that they all aren't so fussy.  Even Isaac joined me last night and tonight for fresh tostadas that I made, and we needed to use up the rest of the sauce, so chris and Elliot had spaghetti and salad .... my mom would be proud!!