We waved one last goodbye as we pulled down the driveway.....
We left on a pretty much a full tank, always had been enough to get us home. ... but with the extra load, our gas light lite up as we approached the ferry!
I had to take a picture of our GPS!! We had been looking for a gas station but we're on a new highway that hasn't yet been updated by the world of maps??It wasn't until chris started pumping the gas and saying "Oh no, we're in trouble .... We're in trouble ....." The car had stopped, run dry and we were coasting up an incline on a 2 lane one direction highway that had no shoulder with no pullout in sight. I will honestly credit the Angels and the grace of God that we are still here because somehow our car made it the far distance to a random pull out .... Here is the picture that I took after we had pulled over and only then did 2 huge semi trailers, traveling side by side, come roaring past us around the bit of a bend.
See that white sign waaaay in the distance? That is where we lost power! We are pretty fortunate .... Thumbs down to no gas, but we were happy to be safe. I even had forgotten how bad I had to use the bathroom!!
We had a nice wait out in the sun ... The upside to a new car is the road side assistance that comes with it. Within 1/2 hour, we had gas in our car and we were on our way to the ferry.








