Saturday, May 02, 2015

They actually are tenting tonight ....

It's almost 10pm,  and three little boys are roughing it outside in our yard.  The tent they are staying in is Chris's old tent from his tree planting days back in 1995!  Hard to imagine that here we are, 20 years later, and his two little boys are sleeping in it!!!
Baby monitor is still on and we can hear all their little giggles.  Memories are being made!!!

***Update***
The tent was heard being unzipped at midnight. Assuming it was one of my kids, I went to the door to see them in, only to see Max heading home.  He said he was having chest pain ... Poor kid. 

Once Max was home, Rachel texted that he was home (I knew), and that she had let Tucker out to pee and he took off into the bushes after something.  Great.... Thanks for telling me that!!!

Fast forward 4 more hours of a very unrestful sleep for Chris and I!  Between listening to the monitor and watching for the motion light to go on outside, it's been a long night!!  We aren't 'helicopter' parents to the naked eye, but you can be sure we are running dialogue in our head over our kids safety, wellbeing and location at all times!!  But we like to give them every opportunity to feel responsible and thrive in the decisions they make, as well as the "illusion" that we aren't watching when we really are! But oh man, chris and I took turns wanting to go outside and pull them into the warmth and safety of the house!!

Luckily, they made that decision for themselves at 4:30am!  I didn't rush to the door with wide open arms, screaming "I'm so glad you're finally home!!!!" like a crazy woman (or like I wanted to!)....I sat, restrained on my bed, waiting for them to come to me to let me know the new plan. 

Isaacs first words out "Max left us".....I told him I knew....second words out "We are cold"

So I tucked my babies back into bed and  will now rest soundly.  

Wow.... Camping is hard!!!