Saturday, June 27, 2015

Open House 2015!! A record year!

This is Danielle! She was my lifeguard room mate at Camp Qwanoes on the first year I arrived.  Her easy laugh and happy disposition made her a really great room mate.  It had been almost 15 years since we have seen eachother, but facebook definatly helps people  feel like they have stayed connected all these years.
Andy gave me a shift mid afternoon in my happy place .... highlight of the afternoon was pulling steve and his older girls while Nic and Adessa watched from the boat. 
Actually, my biggest highlight, probably of the day, was Elliots eagerness to stay with me as I drove.  He often bypasses the chance to ride with me, so to have him beside me for my time slot on the water was pretty wonderful.  I think we are in for a great, and very involved summer with this little guy!!!
This girl was onsight today as well .... so laid back and easy to be with ... Court is a special one in my heart .... she just finished Tough Mudder in Whistler with Ryan!  She's got more guts than I do - the idea of jumping into an arctic pond just to get across it, to get to the next obstacle, totally is out of my realm of comfort, literally!
Just under 1000 people enjoying the camp today ... it was a world record day! 
I loved Open House because it forced Chris to do no work, except to talk and enjoy the space that he has been working on so hard for months!!