Janet and I have been friends since I was 16 years old. We went to a girl school together, where we both often felt a little different than everybody else. She lived in residence with girls that she often didn't have a lot in common with but she was a ballet dancer.... She and I were so different from each other but we were fast friends. I still remember sitting at her residence room watching her work on her ballet slippers, sewing up laces and getting them worn in.
I missed it on my Facebook wall, but this morning sister asked if I had seen Janet's post. My sweet friend almost had her appendix burst on her last week. After an appendectomy, there were risks as she was 15 weeks pregnant but the doctor encouraged her that the odds were very good that all would go well. There wasn't much option either way. Janet could have her appendix burst and then both mom and baby would be at risk, so it really was an impossible decision.
Her baby boy's heartbeat stopped this weekend. I'm so glad that Carrie said something. This is why Facebook is an important tool. And on days when I want to delete my account, I will remember this. We are all so busy trying to keep our own lives in order along with loving those around us, but how quick and easy it is to miss life-changing events if you aren't right in front of your friends. The minute we laid eyes on each other today, we were brought right back to where we started. It was the first time I ever got a FaceTime call from Germany :-) She has an amazing attitude and I am proud, or maybe not proud but inspired? with how she is handling the grief and the experience of this horrific situation. It's an impossible situation. She says it makes her feel better knowing how common it is. She has heard from so many of her friends near and far and has felt so supported. It made me so glad to hear that she doesn't feel alone.

