Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Road trips, spa fun, nettles etc!!

We dropped the kids with their grandparents for the anticipated trip to the Vancouver aquarium!!  
We went for a quick coffee before I had to get to work. Laura is so tense that my mom just went and started rubbing her neck.  L just kinda melted into it, it was sweet. I love sharing my mom. She just wants everybody to feel good. It's a lovely trait of hers. 
After work, (if you can call it that, I was not the most optimal worker today - been sick for a week and I'm not getting better).... But afterwards, she and I went to Elizabeth's spa .... I got a beautiful manicure and mom got a pedicure with brand new blue polish!

On the way home, Laura said Mike could hook us up with nettles for soup. So we stopped. Y the farm and he walked us out to this amazing new trail he's had built on the back property with new trees, ponds for irrigation, and a beautiful bark path to walk on. He's done such good work out there. So we happily went on our way home with a bag full of nettles. 
I'm so sick so I was pretty excited for this!
The Vitamix did a bang up job pureeing it!